I don’t know where I would be in business without my email list (thanks for your support)! It is truly the one thing I could not do without. I can get away with not blogging. I can get away with not doing video, connecting on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest.
But there is one thing I CANNOT do if I want to be in business and that is building a list. Knowing this I need to get my butt in gear so that I can take care of those on my list and so I can grow it even larger. Not that it’s about numbers, but people do change direction and do other things so it’s wise to always be growing your list.
So for the next 90-120 days my main focus will be on growing my list, tracking/testing offers and different ways to get traffic to my optin pages as well as providing a lot of great content for my subscribers. And I’m going to start off at zero…yep a brand new list. If you are new to building your list then follow along and subscribe in the box above to get my progress emails!
Step 1: The Freebie Offer
Okay so the first step in building your email list is to decide what topic you’ll be discussing and what your freebie offer will be. The point is to give something away for free in exchange for an email address. To get the most subscribers possible make sure that the freebie is something useful. Remember these are people (not just a number) looking for help.
Here are some ideas:
- Give templates, spreadsheets, checklists to help subscribers improve something.
- Audio – Record a simple audio going over how to do something.
- Video – Create a 3 part video series on your topic.
- Schedule a webinar that they can access for free.
- eCourse – If you have a lot of info to share break it up over 7 days or so in an email ecourse.
- Combine some of the above ideas to create even more value.
- Think about what freebie impressed you the most and do something similar.
Short, sweet and to the point. So now is the time to get it done. Pick something and go do it. That is what I’m going to do now. 😉
Got any freebie ideas to share? Let it be known in the comments below. If you need help brainstorming let me know below too!