I can’t believe that the end of the year is upon us! As always many people will be assessing their goals and planning for next year. It’s never too early to start looking back and planning forward. I’ll be taking some time off next month so I’ve started now!
This has been by far the best year for me online. My business looks completely different then it did at the start of 2011. For that, I am excited!
Two Major Goals Accomplished
- My biggest goal was to create $4-5K per month on a consistent basis. Done. SAHWEEET! 🙂
- I delivered a healthy baby girl. I’ll upload some pics soon. She is a JOY!
Wow, when I read this post about last year I realize that I have actually done what I wanted to do! I wrote:
For me 2011 is about less is more and quality is better than quantity (especially when it comes to niche blogs). It’s about being decisive and committed.
YES! I broke the cycle! I was decisive about what business model I was going to pursue and I stayed committed to making things happen in that business model. Less IS more especially when it comes to FOCUSing! I wrote:
Going forward I am cutting out all other work that I do and I will only focus on my Amazon product review pages and my PLR shop. It’s time to create the type of money and lifestyle that I truly want from my Internet business.
Well, I let go of the niche blogs/Amazon product review pages and ONLY focused on my PLR business. That says A LOT. In order for anything to happen big then it’s important to focus on only ONE project at a time (until you get it to bring in what you want it to bring in). I’m sooo happy I did that. I cut out the noise and made myself ACCOUNTABLE (to myself)!
So all of my effort went into turning my PLR business into a full time income. But of course I’m not done…there is still so much more to accomplish in this business.
2011 Lesson Learned? Here’s my top two:
- Put your offers out there. Many times we get scared into thinking that nobody will want what we have to offer. But most of the time that is totally NOT TRUE. How to get over that? Put.it.out.there!
- Build relationships. You can’t get where you want to go by yourself. You need strategic relationships/partnerships to grow your business.
I’ve been doing a lot of searching, researching, thinking, reading and I really have a BIG feeling that 2012 is going to be even more all about social connections.
With the constant changing going on with the SERPS it’s even MORE important for us business people to connect with others in our market via social networking venues, video, blogs, etc. It’s even more important to build your marketplace and create your own products while promoting other people’s great products as well.
I see more emphasis being placed on branding yourself because people are naturally generally interested in one another. For example, if there are two people selling a pair of shoes and you personally know or know someone that knows one of the shoe sellers (for lack of wording lol) it is highly likely you will go to them to buy the shoes. Right? I would. It doesn’t matter what I do I love getting recommendations first.
So with that said, I am going to be lining up my business we these thoughts. I want to connect with my customers and subscribers more. I want to blog here consistently, video consistently, socialize on Google+, Facebook, Twitter more. I want to provide more value. I want to reach higher.
Top Priorities For 2012
There are some things I can put my finger on as to what I want to accomplish in my business for 2012. So here’s a short list:
- Grow PLR business to $10K/month! (I’m half way there…so why not, right?)
- Launch PLR Business Training. This is in response to those that have reached out to me over the year who want to build a successful PLR Business. This business has been so good to me. I want to see those who want to do this biz model successful too!
- Video. I will get into Videos and Video Marketing in 2012…something I’ve wanted to do for a loooong time.
- Manage my time and plan better. I wing it waaay too much!
- I REALLY want to go to a live event. Not sure which one yet though. NAMS? Suggestions anyone?
- Redesign this blog and PLR sites.
- Outsource more (work with VA more).
Looking at my old post also makes me realize how important it is to journal your journey at times…just so you can look back and see how far you’ve come. I didn’t realize how much I really did accomplish until I read that post.
Overall, it’s been a great year, but I’ve got a lot to work on. What about you?
I want to know!! So how did you do this year? Did you meet and exceed your goals? Was this year everything you hoped? Where did you fall short? What are your plans for 2012? Let me know below!