I love looking back over the year to see what I’ve accomplished or where I need to improve. Last year I wrote Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012 and shared what I learned and accomplished. Reading that post made me think about how this is a journey and I’m in it for the long haul. It has been said that the journey is of much more value than the end result. I have to agree!
This year has been a year of transition and how to grow from one level to the next. Unfortunately, I got stuck. I felt a little paralyzed actually. I didn’t do much over the last 6 months because I wasn’t sure what I really wanted to do. Thankfully two things saved me. I had recurring income and I started a biz makeover on the 30 day vlogging challenge. I am finally seeing light at the end of that dark tunnel! Whew!
A couple of months ago I came across this quote: You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want. ~Zig Ziglar
I’m sure that is not the first time I heard it, but it really struck a cord. So my goal for 2013 is to help as many people possible to get what they want out of their business. 🙂 Now before I create anything I’ll ask how is this going to help my market get what they want out of their business?
I also posted the following on the Warrior Forum. These are more lessons learned or relearned this past year!
- Friendships rule – I have gotten to know more people this year than ever before. Friendships rule online! Are you building friendships?
- Recurring income – is a big fat must in my biz. I am sooo happy I created streams of income that are recurring. It has saved me many-a-times!! Do you have recurring income (at least a little bit)?
- Redesign – a fresh redesign of my PLR store helped to motivate and inspire me to do even better. Redesigns can give you a fresh outlook and renewed sense of commitment. Still working on one for my blog.
- Comfort zones – are dangerous and you must step out of your comfort zone to push yourself to reach higher goals. If you don’t feel a little nervous then maybe you aren’t pushing yourself out of the zone enough.
- Mindset – OMG is mindset HUGE. All you need is the right mindset and you will achieve anything. You need mental strength to get over the many obstacles you WILL face. How tough are you???? How confident are you?
- Keeping it simple – is a must. Overcomplicating things that are not complicated only delays your success. All in all, the things that work are simple – have something to sell (yours or someone else’s) and building an email list.
- Being real – being yourself is what separates you from everyone else. So why not be you?
What are some things you have learned or relearned?
I hope you all have a very happy new year and find all you are looking for in 2013!!
What about you??? What have you learned or relearned or UNlearned this past year? I’d love to know in the comments below!